Tracy A Franklin: Specialist Freelance Hand Embroiderer & Durham Cathedral Head Broderer.
Today on the Stitchery Stories podcast, Tracy A Franklin Shares Her Life In Fabric & Thread. She chats with Susan Weeks about the different facets of her professional hand embroidery career in particular her role as Head Broderer at Durham Cathedral and her busy tuition and teaching business.
Continue reading to discover the highlights of our chat and to see examples of Tracy’s work.
Susan Weeks chats with Tracy about:
- How she started her embroidery career
- Her career at the Royal School of Needlework
- Building her own embroidery tuition business StitchBusiness
- Having a studio in the centre of Historic Durham
- Groups, friendships & long term courses
- The importance of learning new ideas
- Changes within the City & Guilds certifications