Anne Kelly: Textile Art From Re-used Textile Treasures SS014
Today on the Stitchery Stories textile art podcast, Anne Kelly shares her life in fabric & thread. She chats with Susan Weeks about her inspiration drawn from everyday objects and textiles, international travel and folk art.
Continue reading to discover the highlights of our chat and to see examples of Anne’s work.
Susan chats with Anne about:
- International travel is not always a positive experience for everyone
- Her Moving Memories collaborative project (come and join in)
- Folk Art and being inspired by everyday, ordinary objects
- Collage as the link from mixed media to textiles
- Use those old pieces of fabric that you love – liberate your textile treasures!
- Cover your background to remove that threat of a blank page
- Writing books, teaching, and sharing our art
- How the internet has transformed life for an artist
- Thriving on ‘happy accidents’
- The unhelpfulness of self imposed pressures
- How working on more than one project at a time can be very helpful but why multitasking is not…
- Why not use your UFOs as a starting point for a new piece of work?
And if you want to participate in the Moving Memories ‘travel tags’ collaborative project – Deadline for contributions is 22nd February 2018. Check out: https://annekellytextiles.blogspot.co.uk/p/exhibitionsevents.html
email for details: email@example.com