This week CarolAnn J Allan is our lovely guest on Stitchery Stories textile art podcast. CarolAnn loves slow stitching, taking the time to enjoy the process, and she particularly loves shibori and indigo dyeing.
We chat about her interesting journey into being a textile artist, and the community arts projects that she loves to support. Although CarolAnn was one of my guests for the live recording of Stitchery Stories, I wanted to chat with CarolAnn on her own, and we covered lots of new stuff.
Susan Weeks chats with CarolAnn about:
- Getting excited to try a new technique, Bojagi
- The delights of slow stitch and creating pieces inspired by traditional embroidery stitches
- Making time to follow our own dreams despite supporting family members young and old
- The magic of shibori and waiting to see how it has turned out
- Inspiring artists and community groups
- Creativity to generate confidence and friendship
- The importance of ongoing personal development
- Giving ourselves time and space to explore techniques and ideas
- And so much more!
Sue has had a brainwave and invites you to contribute to the 2019 year end episode.
She explains all at around the 23 minute point. Contributions by Monday 16th December 2019 please.
Other artists and places also mentioned: