Dionne Swift: Artist Creating Contemporary Embroidered Art
Today on the Stitchery Stories podcast, contemporary textile artist & tutor, Dionne Swift shares her life in fabric & thread. She chats with Susan Weeks about developing rhythm and process as she recreates marks representing landscape not only in textiles but with paper and paint too.
Continue reading to discover highlights of our chat and to see examples of Dionne’s work..
Susan chats with Dionne about:
- Her long-term project with North Yorkshire Military Wives helping to develop self-esteem & skills
- Stitching vs Painting in a competition at Windsor Castle!
- Working through process rather than patterns and instructions
- Being connected with her work and being in flow
- Developing a sense of independence & ability to self-critique
- Taking textile art to ‘normal’ Art shows & exhibitions
- Changing techniques over the years… from Devoré to surface printing embellished with stitch to current landscape inspired contemporary embroidered art
- Planning ahead into 2019
- International travel & exhibition opportunities for textile art
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/dionneswift/
Twitter : https://twitter.com/DionneSwift