Today on the Stitchery Stories podcast, Eleanor Pigman Shares Her Life In Fabric & Thread. Eleanor is a contemporary bead embroidery artists who creates vibrant portraits of marine life.
She chats with Susan Weeks about how she rose to the challenge of using thousands of donated beads in her artwork, starting with portraits and finding her inspiration for bead embroidery in the ocean.
Susan Weeks chats with Eleanor about:
- Meeting inspiring cross stitchers
- Discovering her love for teaching
- Going for it – starting with Barack Obama…
- From portraits to ocean creatures
- The therapeutic aspects of bead embroidery
- Her top secret tip for bagging up beads
- Selling kits
- How to do well on Etsy
- What is Fun Friday?
- And much more besides…
Other episodes you might like:
Jessica Grady – she makes fabulous colourful textile sculptures using recycled objects and stuff sourced from hardware stores
Sarah Rakestraw – goldwork supplies and we chatted about how cross stitch and kits are excellent ways to get started in building skill and experience in a new technique.