Eva Kitok lives in the north of Sweden and has organised her life and career so she can make the most of her time and spend as much time as possible doing embroidery and creating textile art. She loves to embroider whilst watching TV on long winter evenings and also whilst cooking!
Susan Weeks chats with Eva about:
- Music and embroidery
- The challenges of embroidering The Cure album covers
- Creating applique portraits
- A new enthusiasm for traditional Swedish wool embroidery
- Don’t be bored. Plan embroidery in your head instead!
- Being an enthusiastic teenage embroidery fan
- Pinterest & Instagram – the gateway drugs for creativity
- Can embroidery yet again solve a mid-life crisis?
- Going to classes or experimenting yourself?
- Enjoying success at prestigious art shows
- Keeping success private from work colleagues
- The trials of embroidering Michael Jackson
- Hmmmmm the evolution of politicians
- Making the most of all of those ‘spare’ minutes
- The excitement of holding her first solo exhibitions
Other Episodes You might like to listen to:
More music themed textile art: https://www.stitcherystories.com/janesanders/
2019 Listener Highlights: https://www.stitcherystories.com/2019highlights/