Fran Brammer: Inspired By Beautiful Yorkshire Landscapes SS016
Today on the Stitchery Stories textile art podcast, Fran Brammer Shares Her Life In Fabric & Thread. She chats with Susan Weeks about her creative journey and her desire to combine her love of hill walking, landscapes, costume and art.
Continue reading to discover the highlights of our chat and to see examples of Fran’s work.
Susan chats with Fran about:
- Being inspired by the Yorkshire landscapes that she enjoys hiking through
- Her new adventure with garments, text, and landscape – exploring common elements
- The excitement of ‘Feed Dogs’
- Finding & generating textures
- The creative arguments she has with her textile artwork
- Weathering her work to provide another layer of unpredictability
- Depth of colour in landscapes provided by contrasting and unusual colours
- The story of the art, the wind, and the rosebush…
- Being proactive in developing opportunities in her textile art practice
- Establishing her ‘Stitchiness’ Facebook Group
Viking Loom embroidery supplies shop: http://www.vikingloom.co.uk/
And I thought I would share with you how beautiful the Yorkshire landscape is – of course I am biased since I am Yorkshire gal! But I know we have listeners across the globe so I hope you enjoy the landscape too.
Yorkshire Wolds: http://www.visithullandeastyorkshire.com/yorkshire-wolds/
North Yorkshire Moors http://www.northyorkmoors.org.uk/
Yorkshire Dales: http://www.yorkshiredales.org.uk/