Hayley Mills-Styles: Thread Artist Who Loves Digital Embroidery
Today on the Stitchery Stories embroidery and textile art podcast, Hayley Mills-Styles shares her life in fabric & thread. Hayley describes herself as a thread artist, and has had a very busy year so far culminating in two solo exhibitions. Whilst she has a love for backstitch, we have a great chat about her love of digital embroidery.
Continue reading to discover the highlights of our chat and to see some images of Hayley’s work.
Susan Weeks chats with Hayley about:
- A busy year preparing for exhibitions
- The joy of working collaboratively, as well as visiting museums for research
- Loving libraries and all those “real books”
- Connecting people, places and materials
- Unpicking things as a curious child
- How much do we love backstitch?
- Discovering the world of digital embroidery
- An obsession with pin cushions
- The excitement of unusual objects as embroidery inspiration
- Writing about Narwhals!
- The roller-coaster of freelance creative businesses
- Who has 37 types of ‘post-it notes’?
- and much more…
Follow the Stitchery Stories Instagram channel at: https://www.instagram.com/stitcherystories_podcast/
Visit: Whitby Museum https://whitbymuseum.org.uk/
Visit: Love Arts Festival (Leeds) http://www.loveartsleeds.co.uk/