Jamie Malden: Block Printing Specialist & Founder of Colouricious.com
Today on the Stitchery Stories textile art podcast, Jamie Malden from Colouricious.com shares her enthusiasm, knowledge and great joy of block printing. We also chat about the unique and authentic experiences which are part of the Colouricious textile holidays to destinations such as India, and beyond!
Continue reading to discover the highlights of our chat and to see examples of Jamie’s blocks and examples of block printing.
Susan chats with Jamie about:
- Developing an interest in block printing in Jaipur
- The design & making process for Colouricious wooden printing blocks
- Supporting the traditional wooden block hand carving skills by employing carpenters around Jaipur, India to hand carve the wooden blocks
- The pleasure in supporting families and traditional skills through wooden block carving
- Preparing new ‘Printology’ workshops
- The power of video and YouTube for sharing creativity, and skills development
- The power of video, audio and the internet to reach your target audience
- The pleasure created by seeing other people’s creative creations using Colouricious blocks, tuition and inspiration
- The diversity of what can be done with block printing
- The endless possibilities of other cultures and creative techniques
- The unique experience of a Colouricious textile holiday.
- The excitement of seeing painted elephants & cows in real life!
For this episode… View Show Notes, Links & Photographs at https://www.stitcherystories.com/jamiemalden