Today on the Stitchery Stories embroidery and textile art podcast, my guest is Michelle Morgan, hand embroidery artist.
Michelle shares her story with us how she discovered embroidery four years ago and how it has literally changed her life. Focusing on embroidery helped Michelle to change her path of unhealthy, destructive habits to feeling calm, centered, and happy.
She has a busy full-time position at Yale University, so embroidery is a treat and a haven from the world, and Michelle spends as much of her free time on it as possible.
Susan Weeks chats with Michelle about:
- Getting interested in embroidery ‘by accident’
- Fabulous family stories and history within old family embroidery and household linens
- Being inspired by her long family tradition of workers making things with their hands
- Creating images of concepts and feelings
- How embroidery calmed and healed her
- The excitement of a solo exhibition
- and much more…
Follow the Stitchery Stories Instagram channel at: https://www.instagram.com/stitcherystories_podcast/
Other artists mentioned: