Textile Artist Sarah Cross shares her life in fabric and threads. Having chosen teaching as her career path, Sarah has taught art based textiles and fine art in a variety of school for 20 years. However, she has continued to learn skills, experiment with techniques and create her own pieces grabbing time where she can! A recent TV appearance on BBC1’s ‘Home Is Where The Art Is’ has really boosted her confidence and commissions and her dream of a garden studio is now coming to fruition.
Susan Weeks chats with Sarah about:
- Being ‘on the telly’
- Taking a teaching path for her creative skills
- Who needs to pass needlework exams anyway?
- Always learning new techniques and ideas throughout her career
- Push outside of our comfort zone and reap the benefits
- The excitement of a long awaited garden studio
- Developing confidence in oneself and ones abilities
- Working on a Catwalk show for London Fashion Week
- Using heat-mould-able polyester to create shapes and structures
- Do workshops make you feel sick…..
And so much more!