Today on the Stitchery Stories textile art and embroidery podcast, Sarah Rakestraw shares her story in fabric and gold threads! She is the founder and owner of Golden Hinde Goldwork, a specialist embroidery brand selling goldwork embroidery supplies, kits and also offering classes.
Sarah shares how she spotted an opportunity to grow her mum’s love of goldwork into a family business. She was training to be a chartered accountant at the time. With her love of goldwork, and her head for business, and a lot of hard work, Golden Hinde Goldwork has flourished.
Susan Weeks chats with Sarah about:
- The excitement of her Goldwork embroidery book being published
- The benefit of goldwork kits as a way to develop skills
- Why cross-stitch is an excellent starting point for embroidery
- The range of wires and thread available for goldwork
- It doesn’t have to be worked in Gold!
- Couching & Beading… we can all do that can’t we?
- Enjoying meeting embroidery enthusiasts at the shows
- Making banners embellished with goldwork
- Building up the range of supplies stocked by Golden Hinde
- Expanding into blackwork and whitework
- Buying other embroidery supplies related businesses
- Encouraging & supporting beginners to develop goldwork skills
and much more…
Follow the Stitchery Stories Instagram channel at: https://www.instagram.com/stitcherystories_podcast/
Read: Glorious Goldwork by Sarah Rakestraw & Sue Hinde
Other guests mentioned in our chat:
Other Artists mentioned: