Susie Martin: Mixed Media Artist Creating Textile Art
Today on the Stitchery Stories podcast, Susie Martin Shares Her Life In Fabric & Thread. She chats with Susan Weeks about her embroidery textile art journey from mixed media art, and how she loves creating new fabrics and colourful surfaces with layers and textures. She also shares her enjoyment at being an active member of the Embroiderer’s Guild.
Continue reading to discover the highlights of our chat and to see examples of Susie’s work.
Susan Weeks chats with Susie about:
- Dissolving Margins & Crumbling Cliffs
- Learning skills by making clothes for Barbie dolls
- Enjoying being an active member of The Embroiderer’s Guild
- Exploring variations in colour, stitch and threads
- Burning and melting for surprising results
- Helping curate a major exhibition
- Being a member of Textilia3
and to follow the antics of the Textilia3 group of textile artists http://www.textilia3.blogspot.co.uk