Passionate about Batik, Tori Riley is the guest today on the Stitchery Stories podcast. Tori shares her story of being inspired by Batik as a young child living in Java, and how her love of it has led her to running workshops and talks, whilst being a busy mum of four!
Susan Weeks chats with Tori about:
- Who else wanted a colouring job when they grew up?
- an inspiring gap year absorbing the Indonesian culture and drawing
- influences from a childhood spent living in several places around the world
- combining batik and embroidery
- making it easy to started with an idea in a workshop
- how to do batik
- the challenge of marking out your design for batik
- labelling our work so future generations know more about it
- what equipment is needed for batik making
- how to apply the wax
- what type of dye to use for batik
- how do you get the wax out afterwards
- when developing some film created performance art
And so much more!
For this episode:
Call: 07455 885 797
Other artists episodes you might like:
Diane Gaffney from Textile Traders, who also loves Batik! https://www.stitcherystories.com/dianegaffney/