Yvonne Fuchs: Relax With Slow Stitching
Today on the Stitchery Stories textile art podcast, Yvonne Fuchs shares her relaxing approach to slow stitch and creating mindful and contemplative textile art. Listen as Yvonne shares her textile journey and her world journeys and their influence on her work.
We are focusing on Slow Stitch today. Yvonne has combined her 2 worlds of Zen and mindfulness with her love of teaching textile art to create unique classes in Slow Stitch. Yvonne explains the backstory that led to the creation of this approach and the many benefits that combat our stressful and busy lives, including creating beautiful and very personal pieces of work.
Continue reading to discover the highlights of our chat and to see examples of Yvonne’s Slow Stitch work …
Susan Weeks chats with Yvonne about:
- The inspirations from our travels
- Embroidery in different places and cultures
- Stitching as a core aspects of life
- Relaxing with stitch and mindfulness
- Why our lives resemble the back of an embroidery – knots and all!
- Meditation and slow stitching as a way of being calm
- So what is Slow Stitching
- The influence from Japanese boro
- Stitching in silence… is this really possible?
- Reflections on life and passions bound together by stitch
- Appreciating our skills and uniqueness as we journey through life
- Brewing up natural dyes
- The delights of ‘mono-tasking’
Whitstable Textile Society
Other places & people mentioned:
Slow Stitch: Mindful and Contemplative Textile Art by Claire Wellesley Smith
THE 7 HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE® by Stephen R Covey